Is there any better flavor than the taste of free?
Everyone loves a bargain, but free is a whole other animal. Zero is not just another price. It’s an emotional hot button— push it, and we are irrationally, deliriously happy.
In what’s become an annual but odd rite of spring, Tax Day has become synonymous with free and discounted food. So many national chains are hosting tax relief specials that you can practically eat all day without ever cracking open your wallet.
Here’s this year’s list:
- Maggie Moo’s and Marble Slab Creamery: a free scoop from 4-7 p.m.
- Panda Express: a free serving of Shanghai Angus steak
- Arby’s: free curly fries
- McCormick & Schmick’s: extended Happy Hour drink specials from 3:30-11 pm
- Sonic: all-day Happy Hour specials
- RA Sushi: extended Happy Hour From 3pm-close
- PF Chang’s: 15%off on everything but alcohol
- Chili’s: free appetizer or dessert
- Cinnabon: 2 free Cinnabon Bites from 6-8pm
- Hooter’s: 20 chicken wings For $9.99
- Bruegger’s: IRS-themed $10.40 specials
- Seattle’s Best: free small coffee
- Boston Market: buy one get one free
- White Castle: free chicken sandwich
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex: free taquito
- Schlotzsky’s: free chips and drinks
Just remember, if you manage to collect more than $600 in free food, it can be taxed as income.